I am a proud Trustee and Treasurer of Brathay and I am a Group Managing Director of OSL Group Holdings Limited, a manufacturing group headquartered in Sheffield.
I ran my first marathon in 1995 at the age of 36 to raise money for charity. I was the only British runner in the Siberian International Marathon that year and it was the start of my love of adventures and unusual marathons. I have run larger events but prefer smaller fields, unusual events, solo challenges and remote locations.
My running highlights include a run in Iceland, Siberia in both summer and winter across the largest frozen lake in the world. I hope to run in Greenland and Outer Mongolia at temperatures of -40c. But, my most memorable achievements remain the Brathay 10 Marathons in 10 days in 2010 and my solo ‘Challenge 30’, running 30 marathons in 30 days in 2013, raising £60,000 for Brathay.
- 1995: Siberian International Marathon (1st UK runner)
- 2008: Laugavegurinn Ultra Marathon, Iceland
- 2010: Brathay 10in10
- 2012: Lake Baikal Ice Marathon, Siberia
- 2013: Challenge 30 – 30 Marathons in 30 Days
- 2016: Polar Bear Challenge (marathon and ½ marathon, Greenland)
- 2017: Genghis Khan Ice Marathon (2nd…& avoided being eaten by wolves!)