Brathay 262 Athlete
Hi I'm Greg. I have been cycling for 40 years now and used to race a lot in my younger days including racing in France and the amateur Paris-Roubaix. I have raced in time trials, road racing, track racing and very badly at cyclo cross!
It's been a while since I have raced as I have been focussing on running for a few years. Running attracted me to the Brathay 10 in 10 in May and I saw that the charity also does a cycling challenge which grabbed my interest and I saw that several of the runners for the 10 in 10 had also attempted the bike challenge but not many people have done it in the same year and succeeded on the bike. I am naturally more of a bike rider so I hope to complete it in a decent time.
It was also an opportunity for me to further support Brathay a charity which I am now committed to support from now on to research and deliver programmes to really change young lives for the better.
- 1982: My first race!
- 1987: English Schools & Colleges National Track Pursuit Champion
- 1988: English Schools & Colleges National Time Trial Champion
- 1989: English Schools & Colleges National Track Pursuit Champion
- 1989: Raced in Brittany with local team
- 1989: Amateur Paris Roubaix
- 1990: Raced in Brittany with local team
- 2021: Brathay 262 Donate