How to apply
If you've got this far beware - Brathay 262 has planted a seed of aspiration that's hard to shake off!
The Brathay 262 is our toughest cycling event. The event is built around the course for the Brathay 10in10 running event, running 10 marathons in 10 days. The Brathay 262 involves cycling this, 262 miles, with a 24 hour time limit. The route is an anti clockwise lap of the UK's most challenging road marathon courses! If this still sounds like the event for you then please read on.......
We take a personal approach to the application process and our support of the Brathay 262. We strive to give all participants the best chance of success, both in terms of cycling 262 beautiful miles and fundraising to help vulnerable young people.
We fully understand the physical, emotional and financial demands of this event, which is why we aim to offer as much support as possible with both the riding and fundraising sides of the event.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
- Ongoing training advice and support
- Fundraising support and mentoring
- Nutrition and hydration advice
What is expected of you:
- You have to be able to complete the event within 24 hours
- To adhere to the event terms and conditions which you will be provided with upon applying.
- This is a fundraising event. All participants are expected to fundraise at least £500.
Applications for the Brathay 262 are now open.
Step 2: We will send you further details about the event including an application form as soon as possible.
Step 3: We'll get back to you to let you know if your application was successful with one of three responses:
- Your application has not been successful (there is limited capacity for this event)
- Your application has not been successful this time, but we would happily consider you in the future with some development of your cycling experience or fundraising plan (specific feedback will be provided)
- Your applications has been SUCCESSFUL!.....so you can start looking forward to cycling 262 beautiful (hilly) miles around England's largest lake in June.
Good Luck!.....we look forward to hearing from you.