How to apply
If you've got this far beware - the Brathay 10in10 has planted a seed of aspiration that's hard to shake off!
"An epic challenge that will require an epic strength of mind." Bear Grylls, Adventurer
The Brathay 10in10 is our flagship fundraising event with its own 'hall of fame'. Every year this event throws up incredible stories of commitment and sheer bloody mindedness in the face of 262 miles, over 10 days, around one of the UK's most challenging road marathon courses! If this still sounds like the event for you then please read on...
We take a personal approach to the application process and our support of the Brathay 10in10. We strive to give all participants the best chance of success, both in terms of running 262 beautiful miles over 10 days and fundraising to help vulnerable young people.
Our approach has established a truly world class event that not only delivers a hugely memorable experience for everyone, but has also raised over £1,000,000 in 10 years to help some of the UK's most vulnerable children and young people. The life changing opportunities delivered with this fund are a fantastic legacy from all the blood, sweat and tears shed on the beautiful ASICS Windermere Marathon course.
We fully understand the physical, emotional and financial demands of this event, which is why we continue to draw on the extensive experience of previous participants, who act as training advisors, moral support and cheer leaders!
Successful applicants will benefit from:
- introductory training and preparation weekend in January
- ongoing training advice and support
- fundraising support
- sports therapy and injury management during training
- daily sports therapy and massage during the event
- nutrition and hydration advice and products
- ...and a full board 'holiday' in the Lake District on the beautiful Brathay estate!
Applications for the 2019 Brathay 10in10 open on Monday 21st May 2018.
Step 2: We will reply by email with more information and an application form.
Step 3: Come to your senses or take the brave step to complete and return the application form.
Step 4: You will be notified with one of three responses:
- Your application has not been successful (there is limited capacity for this event)
- Your application has not been successful this time, but we would happily consider you in the future with some development of your running experience or fundraising plan (specific feedback will be provided)
- Your applications has been SUCCESSFUL! You can start looking forward to running 262 beautiful (hilly) miles around England's largest lake in May.
Good Luck! We look forward to hearing from you.