Brathay 10in10 Athlete
During COVID lockdown I did the 'Quarantine 15', where due to lack of races, generally being a couch potato and poor diet choices, I gained over 15 pounds! The Brathay 10in10 has provided me with new motivation (fear?) and I am now working my way back to fitness with fresh vigor.
My name is Andy Rennie, I’m happily married with 2 girls (Stephanie 11 & Abigail 9). I was born in Eastern Canada but have travelled a lot throughout my life including living in Aberdeen, Dubai, Cairo, Luanda, Lagos (where I met my wife), and now Houston. My hobbies include spending time with my wife & kids, running and public speaking.
I have been lucky enough to participate in 174 marathons & 115 half marathons which include running a marathon in 19 different countries and one in each of the 50 states of the USA. I am doing the Brathay 10in10 for two main reasons; i. it’s on my bucket list and ii. to raise money to help others.
When I first heard of the Brathay 10in10 it seemed so tough and unachievable that I added it to the list of 'once-in-a-lifetime' things I wanted to do before I kicked the bucket. In 2019 I ran the ASICS Windermere Marathon (Day 10) and that one day alone was tough, the course is not an average marathon course, and that simultaneously thrills and scares me, if it was easy it wouldn’t be worth doing!
Supporting Brathay Trust gives me an opportunity to raise money to help disadvantaged children and young people. I am grateful for family, friends, continued good health and the ability to run marathon races, raising money gives me a chance to do something good to show my appreciation.
- 1998: London Marathon (first marathon)
- 2000: Sheffield Marathon (PB - 4:11)
- 2002 & 2005: Deadsea Marathon, Jordan (favourite international marathon)
- 2013: Texas Marathon (favoutrite race in the USA)
- 2014: Helsinki Marathon (18th country)
- 2015: Marine Corp Marathon, Virginia, USA
- 2016: Austin Marathon (100th Marathon)
- 2018: Juneau, Alaska (completed marathon in each of the 50 states)
- 2019: Bataan Memorial Death March, White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico (most life changing marathon)
- 2020: Texas Marathon (my 8th Texas Marathon)
- 2022: Brathay 10in10 Donate