Brathay 10in10 Athlete
I'm Sam, 34, and I live in Prestwich with my wife Michelle, our children Calypso and Bondi, and our dog Nella.
When I was offered the chance to spend 10 days running around my favourite part of the world while raising valuable funds for disadvantaged children and young people, it was an easy decision!
It’s always exciting for me and the people who know me to see what daft idea I’m going to come up with next; nipping up to the Lakes to run up a few Wainwrights here and there; running down to Manchester to turn the marathon into an ultra; or a last-minute entry into the toughest road marathon in the UK at Langdale.
The Brathay 10in10 has been on my radar for a number of years, after running my first Windermere Marathon and seeing the 10in10 athletes out on the course. I was inspired by the runners and Brathay Trust. My wife works for a charity, supporting young adults who have been through the care system, so I know how important charities like this are in providing young people with access to opportunities that most would take for granted, and how valuable fundraising is to them.
I’ve reached a point in my life where I want to do something special. And hopefully inspire both fellow runners and the children Brathay helps and show that anything is possible.
“No human is limited” - Eliud Kipchoge
Time to do something amazing!
- 2017: Macclesfield Half Marathon
- 2017: Manchester Half Marathon
- 2017: Manchester Marathon
- 2018: Oulton Park Half Marathon
- 2018: Wilmslow Half Marathon
- 2018: Thirteen Arches Half Marathon
- 2018: Great North West Half Marathon
- 2019: ASICS Windermere Marathon
- 2019: Chester Marathon
- 2021: Oulton Park Marathon
- 2021: Manchester Marathon
- 2021: ASICS Windermere Marathon
- 2021: Langdale Marathon
- 2023: Brathay 10in10 Donate