Brathay 10in10 Athlete
There is only one reason that I am doing the Brathay 10in10 in 2023 and that is to raise money for this great charity. In 2022 I got to see, with my own eyes, some of the work that the Brathay Trust does. It is a great organization that does a tremendous amount of good for their community. Supporting Brathay Trust will directly help disadvantaged children and young people.
My name is Andy Rennie, I’m happily married with 2 girls (Stephanie, 13 & Abigail, 11). I was born in Eastern Canada but have travelled a lot throughout my life including living in Aberdeen, Dubai, Cairo, Luanda, Lagos (where I met my wife), and now Houston. My hobbies include spending time with my wife & kids, running and public speaking.
Over the past 25+ years have been lucky enough to participate in 220 marathons & 135 half marathons, which include running a marathon in 19 different countries and one in each of the 50 states of the USA.
I am super grateful for family, friends, continued good health and the ability to run marathon races, raising money for the Brathay Trust gives me a chance to do something good to show my appreciation.
- 1998: London Marathon (my first marathon)
- 2000: Sheffield Marathon - PB 4hr 11min
- 2002 & 2005: Deadsea Marathon, Jordan - my favourite international marathon
- 2013: Texas Marathon - my favorite race in the USA
- 2015: Marine Corp Marathon, Virginia, USA
- 2016: Austin Marathon - my 100th Marathon!
- 2018: Juneau, Alaska - completed a marathon in each of the 50 states
- 2019: Bataan Memorial Death March, White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico - my most life changing marathon
- 2022: Texas Marathon - my 200th Marathon & 10th Texas Marathon
- 2022: Brathay 10in10
- 2022: Stavanger Marathon - 19th Country!
- 2023: Brathay 10in10 Donate