Brathay 10in10 Athlete
I am 59 years old and will be 60 on day 6 of the 10in10!
I live in Worcestershire with my Wife (Sharon) and rescue collie (Ruby). I have wanted to take on this challenge for 2 or 3 years, having been inspired by reading about all those who have, and the difference it makes to children’s lives. I have run the ASICS Windermere Marathon (Day 10) three times and had the pleasure of meeting the inspirational Joss Naylor.
I am working towards 300 marathons and want to include a 52 in 52 weeks (if I can) - the 10in10 should definitely help! I have currently run 256 marathons - these include 105 at sub 3 hours (but don’t think there’s any more in me!). My marathon PB is 2h 43m, but a little slower nowadays!
I’ve been lucky enough to run in 5 of the World Majors (just Tokyo to do) as well as many European Marathons and London 14 times (many courtesy of 'Good For Age' entries).
I have done a 4in4 event, but no more, and know this challenge is HUGE! One of my reasons for choosing the Brathay 10in10 is the support from experts in their fields and the shared experience from past participants. Whilst running I will remind myself that this is changing peoples lives for the better - that’s the motivation that drives me on, as well as my own personal goals.
- 2010: ASICS Windermere Marathon (1st V45)
- 2010: Stratford Marathon - overall winner!
- 2012: ASICS Windermere Marathon (3rd place)
- 2014: ASICS Windermere Marathon (1st V50)
- 2016: ASICS Windermere Marathon (4th place)
- 2019: Enigma Quadzilla (4 marathons in 4 days)
- 2019: Abingdon Marathon (PB 2h 43m)
- 2021: Joust 50 miler (7h 52m)
- 2023: Brathay 10in10 Donate