Golden Bond Runner
My name is Gary and I’m honored to have been chosen to run the 2021 London Marathon for Brathay Trust.
Born and bred on the Wirral but now living in Gloucester, my love of running has seen me complete 215 marathons. As part of this, I have been fortunate enough to run the London Marathon 15 times before. It’s an amazing event and I still get excited at the thought of being amongst so many inspirational runners from the time you arrive at the Expo to collect your number to the time you cross the finish line on The Mall.
My involvement with Brathay Trust is very recent, having been one of the Brathay 10in10 Team in May 2021. The 10in10 challenge gave me a greater insight into the fantastic work the Trust does to help disadvantaged children and young people. So continuing to support Brathay Trust is an ongoing privilege.
On the day I will be running with my iPhone and Bluetooth speaker and will be playing 60s; 70s & 80s music all the way around. This makes the time fly by and takes my mind off how difficult running 26.2 miles is!
I am really excited to be part of the Brathay 2021 London Marathon Team and can’t wait to meet the rest of the team on the journey from Greenwich to Buckingham Palace!
- 1999: New York City Marathon (first marathon)
- 2002: London Marathon (PB - 3:50:38)
- 2013: ASICS Windermere Marathon (50th marathon)
- 2013: Comrades Marathon (first ultra)
- 2014: London Marathon (first as a pacer)
- 2014: Chicago Marathon (first as a pacer)
- 2015: Chester Marathon (100th marathon)
- 2016: New York City Marathon (first as a pacer)
- 2018: Comrades Marathon (first as a pacer)
- 2021: Brathay 10in10
- 2021: London Marathon Donate