The ASICS Windermere Marathon is planned to go ahead on the 23rd May subject to the government roadmap out of lockdown following the proposed timeline.
We have considered the ongoing COVID risks and are closely following Government advice (the 'roadmap'), DCMS instructions, and UK Athletics' COVID Guidance for Race Organisers.
Please be aware of the following changes and restrictions to this year's (2021) marathon:
- Places are limited to 800 entries.
- Spectators will not be allowed at the event centre, start or finish lines. In addition to this, we won’t be offering the usual activities at Brathay Hall for families.
- Runners will receive their race number and timing chip by post before the event. This will reduce the time spent moving through registration.
- Runners will be invited to book an arrival/start time online before the event to spread out the field. Start times will be between 8am - 10am.
- We will not be issuing goody bags at this year’s event.
- To reduce the risk of community transmission we have made small changes to the course, for example the route will run around Hawkshead rather than through the centre of the village. The course has been remeasured to include this change.
- There will be changes to the refreshment stations and provision of water on the course.
- We will not be holding an awards ceremony at this year’s event. After crossing the finish line and picking up a medal, runners will be politely asked to return to their cars and leave the site in a managed socially distant manner.
We ask people to consider these restrictions to ensure the safety of all those involved in our biggest event. We look forward to welcoming runners back to Brathay in May.