Participation in the Langdale Marathon
- To take part in the Langdale Marathon participants are to be 18 years or over on 21st October 2023.
- Participants take part at their own risk and are to agree to the disclaimer waiving all claims against the Langdale Marathon organisers.
- The organisers use data supplied by participants to process an entry. All data is stored securely.
- Personal data is not supplied or distributed to any third party other than those working within the framework of the event.
- Participants agree to the organisers publishing their name, gender, age category and club affiliation (if attached) in the current list of entries upon entering and in the race results after the event.
- Participants grant permission for photographic prints, films or recordings to be taken and organisers reserve the right to use such photographs for publicity to promote future events and the Trust’s charity work.
- Participants will receive a timing chip and race number via registration. The right to participate in this event is purchased by the individual thus race numbers are non-transferable.
- Participants agree for Brathay to contact them with race information.
Event Day – 21st October 2023
- You are to confirm your entry for the marathon and either collect your timing chip and number from the event registration centre on the morning of the race or bring this with you if this has been posted.
- All participants are to complete their personal details, including details of any health issues and medication, on the reverse of their race number. The race number is to be worn unfolded and visible on the front of shirts for the duration of the race.
- Whilst participating in the event, runners are to follow all instructions given by event officials and marshals.
The Start and Race Timings
- Participants are to begin the marathon from the official start location and be positioned behind the starting line when the race begins.
- Participants are to follow instructions from the start line marshals.
- The published race results will show 2 times for each runner: their gun time and their chip time. The time taken from when participants cross the start line to when they cross the finish line (chip time) will be their official time for the course. However, prizes in each age category are allocated to the first two runners based on their gun time.
- Participants are to wear their timing chip (incorporated into their race number) in order to receive an official time.
- Whilst Brathay Running will take steps, that are so far as is reasonably practical, to ensure the smooth & safe running of this event, you as a participant are responsible for your own safety. In addition, whilst taking part in the event you are to not place other participants or any members of the public at risk as a result of your acts and/or omissions.
- The event is run according to UK Athletics rules, and as such runners wearing devices requiring headphones (excluding bone conducting headphones as per UK Athletics rules) will run the risk of disqualification. This is for safety reasons as most of the race is run on open roads.
- Unauthorised car support, bicycles, rollerblades, Nordic sticks, skateboards, baby joggers/strollers and any other wheeled devices are not permitted on the course.
- You are advised not to take part in this event if you are unwell or injured. If you retire from the event you are to inform the nearest race official or marshal.
Race Cancellation policy
The Brathay Running race organisers reserve the right to cancel, delay or postpone the race due to emergency or extraordinary conditions. These include adverse weather conditions or following instructions from the emergency services. In the unlikely event that the race is cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances outside of our control, no refunds will be payable.
In the extraordinary circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we will refund 70% of the entry fee paid if the event is cancelled as a result of the pandemic. Refunds will also apply to participants who cannot travel due to COVID-19 restrictions (for example Tier 3 conditions) in their home area. Participants enter on the understanding that the format of the event might need to change in response to the on-going pandemic. A change in the format of the event will not warrant a refund.
If a participant wishes to cancel their entry, the following applies:
- No refunds will be paid.
- We will not defer entries to the same race the following year.
- Participants can transfer to another Brathay Challenges open event within the same financial year.
Participants can only transfer their entry once. Requests to transfer to another race are to be received at
least two weeks in advance on the race date. Any requests made after this time will not be valid. If
participants wish to transfer into the Langdale Half Marathon, the difference will not be refunded.
Fundraising – Refund of Entry Fee
- We can offer refunds of entry fees (excluding car parking tickets) to participants who raise over £175 from running the Langdale Marathon. To receive the refund participants are to fulfil the following conditions:
- Sponsorship is to be fully received by Brathay Trust 1st January 2024 before a refund of the entry fee is considered.
- A refund will not be offered automatically so participants are requested to contact the Brathay Running team to administer this via [email protected]
This does not affect our cancellation terms as detailed above.
The event organisers reserve the right to alter or amend any of the race information and/or event rules. Any changes will be published before the event. The organisers also reserve the right to refuse an entry or withdraw an entry without notice for any participant who supplies culpable incorrect personal data on the entry form.
Failure to follow the event rules may result in disqualification from the event.
Runners are to agree the following disclaimer:
The Langdale Marathon 2023 is held under UK Athletics rules and regulations. You are to declare that that you are an amateur as defined by UK Athletics laws and agree to abide by their rules. You agree not to hold the organisers, marshals, volunteers, sponsors or any associated company or organisation working within the framework of the event, responsible for any personal injury, sickness or accident suffered, nor the loss or damage of any property on the course, changing areas or event centre.
You participate entirely at your own risk and agree not to take part if you are unwell or injured. You understand that the entry fee is non-refundable. You understand that participation is highly individual and as such entries and race numbers are non-transferable.