Your help is needed
The number of young people struggling with mental health difficulties has more than doubled in recent years, which means providing targeted programmes to support them is a priority for Brathay.
Brathay are working to help reduce these numbers, but we need your help. Right now, a young person is thinking about killing them self. Shocked? You should be. Poor mental health is something that affects one in four of the population and it is increasing, especially among young people.
Nationally, the number of young people experiencing mental health problems is growing
- One quarter of young people in the UK experience suicidal thoughts
- Rates of depression and anxiety in teenagers have increased by 70% in the past 25 years
- About 25% of young people self-harm on one occasion
How we help
Here’s what Jake said about the impact of working with Brathay
“It’s like I was at rock bottom… I felt like a no-body… I know that sounds dramatic! Everyone else was telling me what to do……but it was different at Brathay – they helped me find my own way; the way that was best for me.”
What your support can do
Every £1 makes a difference, helping ensure that more young people like Jake get the support they need.
- £25 pays for an hours group work
- £100 trains a mentor to support a young person who has no one else
- £250 provides a life changing residential in the Lake District.
Young Minds Matters aims to raise £45,000 to help more young people like Jake.
We can’t do it without you. Please help us by
- Using your Brathay Challenge event to fundraise for this work
- Donating either money or time to help our work
- Fundraising by having fun in any way that appeals to you (and is legal)
Brathay Trust fundraising pack
Click below to download a Brathay Trust fundraising pack. Get in touch via our contact us section (at the bottom of this page) for a printed copy.Download the Brathay Trust Fundraising Pack PDF
If you're taking part in a Brathay Challenge event for Brathay Trust you can download this sponsorship form for those who prefer to work with paper forms as opposed to JustGiving and other digital platforms.Download the Brathay Challenges Sponsorship Form PDF